How to Apply
Applications for Van Buren Housing Authority and Ozark Housing Authority may be submitted online here.
In order to qualify for housing an applicant must:
- Be a family as defined in the Housing Agency's Admission and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP). A copy of the ACOP is either posted or available at the housing agency office.
- Meet the HUD requirements for citizenship or immigration status.
- Have an annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the income limits established by HUD. These income limits are posted in the PHA's office.
- Provide documentation of Social Security Numbers for all family members, age 6 and older, or certify that they do not have a Social Security Number.
- Pay any money owed to the PHA or any other Housing Authority.
- Not be subject to any sex offender registration requirements.
- Sign authorization forms so that the PHA can verify the various eligibility requirements.
- Not have any household members who are engaged in any criminal activity that threatens the life, health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, and not have any household members who are engaged in any drug-related or violent criminal activity.
- Qualify as a suitable renter after the PHA conducts screening of prior rental history and financial responsibility.
For additional information, visit our FAQ page.