As we go into April, we just wanted to give you an update on what we're doing for the month:
- Our office remains closed to the public. We are working and somebody is in the office during normal business hours. You will need to call or email us if you need information.
- If you were requested to come into the office to sign paperwork, that deadline is extended until May 04, 2020. We will revisit that if necessary and depending on what the State of Arkansas decides for us to do.
- Pest Control is cancelled for April and possibly May. Please keep your unit neat and tidy so that pest control doesn't become an issue.
- Annual Inspections must be completed despite the Social Distancing rules. We will CALL you on the day of your inspection and ask you questions about your unit. If any repairs are needed, you will need to tell our Inspector at that time.
- If you are scheduled weekly housekeeping inspections, you will need to submit TIME STAMPED photos of your unit by email on the day your inspection is due.
- We are not completing routine work orders as our maintenance staff should not enter your unit at this time. If you have a routine item, call the office during normal business hours and we will log your item.
- If you have an emergency work item, you can call into the office and we will make sure your item is corrected.
- I will be using social media as a form of communication going forward. Please like Van Buren Housing Authority on Facebook to stay up to date. If we do any food distributions in the future, this is how we will notify you. If you do not have Facebook, please ask a family member to like the page and inform you of pertinent information.
- If you have lost income due to COVID-19, you need to call the office immediately and inform us so that we can process your new income and make sure you aren't paying more in rent than you should be. If you do not inform the office of the change before April 10, 2020 at 4pm, you will have to pay the full rent due for April. You must take care of these things quickly, for your own benefit.
We understand that this is a strange place that none of us have ever been in before. We are doing all that we can possibly to serve your housing needs while following orders from our Governor. Please be patient, stay home except for necessary trips, practice social distancing and proper hygiene. We WILL get through this and be a stronger community for doing so.
If you have any questions, please email me or call the office at 479-474-6901.
Assistant Executive Director